|Meet Guidelines for Swimmers and Parents|| |
Apr 4, 2012
What to Bring
- Plenty of towels - 2 to 4 depending on number of events.
- Warm clothing (mornings at meets can be cool).
- Chairs or blankets to sit on.
- Shade/tarp if you have one.
- Cooler for fruit, juices, water, snacks etc.
- Snacks (a snack bar will also be available during meets).
- Visors, sunglasses, team T-shirt, team cap and team suit.
- Sunscreen or sun block, especially for nose and shoulders.
When to Arrive
- Arrive early- at least 15 minutes prior to Orca warm-up time.
- Warm-up times will be posted on the web site prior to each meet. As a general guideline, warm-up times are earlier for home meets.
- Times for the Championship Meet will be posted toward the end of the season.
At the Meet
- If you can arrive at the meet early to stake out a "team area" (preferably with some shade) that's helpful!
- Swimmers should stay in or close to team area. Listen for your event and be ready to go to the "ready bench." (Parents - please know where your swimmer is at all times. If you are working the meet please assign another parent who is willing to watch out for your child.)
- It is ultimately the swimmer's responsibility to get to the ready bench and the blocks on time.
- Make sure you check with the coach before you leave the meet. You may be on a relay!
- Please use trashcans for your garbage. We are a clean team!
- You MUST have FUN!